- Children's fares: 5 - 14 years inclusive. There is no charge for infants under 4 years old when not occupying a seat, however, please advise sales staff when an infant is travelling.
- Children aged 14 or under cannot travel on Gray Line tour services without an accompanying adult aged 18 or over.
- All entrance fees
- All meals where indicated
- Morning and afternoon teas are extra, except for Tour 7R where morning and afternoon snack are included
- Guided Tours through most places of interest
- All costs quoted are in NZ$ and include Goods & Services Tax at 15%.
- Overnight tour packages must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
We accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
Personal cheques are not accepted.
- English commentary is provided by your driver/guide on points of interest en route.
- Multilingual commentaries (Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin) available on selected tours. Refer to fare inclusion. Due to operational reasons this service may not always be available on the selected tour. We recommend contacting us in advance of your tour to pre-book multilingual headsets.
CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- Gray Line NZ reserves the right to alter fares, arrange alternative transport, tour routes, services or accommodation. In the event that Gray Line NZ are unable to operate the tour – an alternative operator will be provided. If an alternative is not available then a full refund will be issued.
- Gray Line NZ shall not be held responsible for any property loss or damage and/or for any damages resulting in death or personal injury which may arise whilst on tour or when utilising any other service provided by Gray Line NZ agents. Some services featured in this brochure are not operated by Gray Line NZ.
- Clients are reminded that optional activities such as Luging, Eco-Zip, Zorbing etc always have an element of risk and clients should note the above clause. Gray Line NZ shall not be held responsible for any loss, injury or damage resulting in any activities beyond its control such as fire, machinery breakdown, civil disturbances, theft or any delays or itinerary changes that may include additional expense that have been brought about by circumstances beyond the company's control.
- Refunds cannot be made for unused tour portions.
- At times, when large numbers of passengers are travelling, the extra coach provided for the tour may not feature a multilingual service, or that featured in photos.
- The operator cannot be held responsible for any personal items or luggage passengers forget to remove from the coach.
- Gray Line NZ reserves the right to request passengers leave the coach if their behaviour is detrimental to the enjoyment of other paying passengers. In such circumstances, no refunds shall be given.
- At times during busy seasons (usually November to March) accommodation may not be available at some overnight destinations on the tour you have chosen. Should this occur at the time of your booking our reservations staff will suggest reversing your itinerary or date of departure to enable confirmation of the tour you have chosen.
- Not all tours operate daily and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In the event of a coach breakdown, Gray Line NZ reserves the right to alter the tour itinerary. Compensation will be considered if the coach is more than 2 hours late.
- Should we cancel the tour due to force majeure (i.e political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, acts of god, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, adverse weather conditions or similar events beyond Gray Line NZ’s control) we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
- Gray Line NZ is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements due to cancellations or rescheduling of any tour departure.
- Every effort is made to operate the Milford Sound Tour in a glass roof coach. Due to operational requirements this vehicle may not always be available.
CANCELLATION & AMENDMENT FEES
- A minimum cancellation fee of $50 applies to all online bookings at the discretion of the supplier.
- 7 days or more prior to travel - overnight tours will incur a cancellation fee at the discretion of the supplier.
- 7 days - 24 hours prior to travel - 50% of the total fare at the discretion of the supplier.
- Within 24 hours prior to travel - 100% cancellation fee.
- An amendment fee of NZ$50 per booking will be charged for any bookings changed 7 days prior to travel. Within 7 days fees will be charged in accordance with the policies of other suppliers.
It is strongly recommended that customers insure themselves against cancellation charges and a possible loss of money or personal belongings.
Gray Line NZ carries checked luggage subject to the below terms and the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 5, Subpart 1.
All luggage carried must be clearly labelled with the passenger's name, address, contact details and destination.The size, weight and number of luggage items that can be carried is specified below.
If a passenger wishes to travel with more luggage than is permitted, or with oversize items, the item(s) may be refused if there is no available space.
- Up to two pieces per person weighing a maximum of 25kg each per person. Each piece of luggage should not exceed total dimensions (length + width + height) of 158cm (62 inches).
- If you are travelling with a wheelchair, mobility scooter or baby pushchair that can collapse down to fit within the Checked Luggage size and weight dimensions, it can be counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements. If the item cannot be collapsed down to fit our Checked Luggage size and weight dimensions, it will be regarded as Oversize Luggage.
- Extra luggage may be carried subject to space available at a cost of $10.00 per item per sector, payable to the driver. Please note we cannot guarantee carriage of extra luggage on any specific travel date or service.
- Each customer is limited to one carry-on item with dimensions not exceeding 20cm high x 28cm deep with a maximum length of 400mm. The maximum weight is 5kg.
- Handbags, umbrellas, walking sticks and other aids are permitted.
- You are responsible for your carry-on luggage, and Gray Line accepts no responsibility whatsoever for loss or damage to carry-on luggage.
- For a complete list of items that can and cannot be carried on board Gray Line services please click here.
RIGHT OF REFUSAL TO CARRY LUGGAGE
- Gray Line has the right to refuse to take luggage if it does not meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions, or if it breaches the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 5, Subpart 1.
- If a passenger travels with more luggage than permitted as above, then the additional item(s) may be refused if there is no available space.
- Prohibited items are not permitted either on board or in the luggage compartment.
- Gray Line does not carry unaccompanied parcels under any circumstances. Passengers must never accept luggage or parcels on behalf of someone else for security reasons.
- Gray Line will not be responsible or liable for any loss or inconvenience if a passenger is refused travel under any of these circumstances.
- The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for Gray Line/Entrada Travel Group by itself or through an agent to take photographs, audio or video recordings, or other forms of recordings that capture the passenger’s image, likeness, voice, performance or all of these (“Images”) during the course of this activity / tour. The passenger acknowledges and gives consent for Entrada Travel Group to receive and use Images of the passenger from other.
- Entrada Travel Group may use Images for marketing and promoting its services. The ways in which the Images will be used for marketing purposes include, but are not limited to, incorporating the Images in print, broadcast, internet media, direct marketing channels, downloadable content and applications, and all other media, platform or technology now known or to be developed for distribution around the world. The Images may be altered, modified, changed, combined or incorporated into other works.
- The passenger has a right to request access to the passenger’s Images and to correction of those Images to ensure they are complete and not misleading. However, the passenger acknowledges that if the Images have been incorporated into marketing materials, it may not be reasonably practicable for Entrada Travel Group to make any changes to the Images. The passenger authorises Entrada Travel Group to refuse the request to correction in such circumstances.
TRAVEL AGENT CONCESSIONS
Gray Line NZ is delighted to assist travel agents and airline staff with discounted concessions for familiarisation of tour programmes. Bookings must be made directly with Gray Line NZ at least 5 business days prior to the tour departing by email, fax or letter to secure a booking under this arrangement.
Bona fide business cards must be presented on check-in.